Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Perfex?

Is the Perfex better than the Falcon 2 and Aeros Tareget? and if so why?
    Happy Flying
    Hank
    Ist das Perfex besser als der Falke 2 und Aeros Tareget? und wenn so warum? Glücklicher Fliegen-Knäuel

AW: Perfex?

Hi

search for Perfex you will find a few postings

such ma unter Perfex da ist schon einiges zu lesen ...

Gruß Thomas
    aktuell: Gleitschirm-, Motorschirmflieger, UL-dreiachser und Motorflug ... auf der Suche nach elektrischem Antrieb für Motorschirm ...
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. ...
    Albert Einstein (* 14. März​ 1879​; † 18. April​ 1955​)

Kommentar

Hi Hank,
      You have set this question also in the international forum.
      You didn´t get respose because Your question means to compare Apples wiht Pears.

By performance the single sail wings like the perfex, falcon, impuls, mars all fly more or less the same.
      However the perfex weights the lightest of them all.
      And additionally You have the short pack option.

The rest is personal gusto: much force in turning by big sail with the impuls,
      very light shift by towermounting of the pilot in the perfex, heavy weigth and nasty design of the falcon...

The more modern type like the icaro relax, the falcon 2 or the target fly slightly better and are not really comparable.

You that live in Italy, why don´t You consider an italian wing: my first choice would be the Relax.
      For a talented newcomer: the Eazy !
      Fly global, by local !

Regards
      Zuletzt geändert von winDfried; 02.09.2005, 16:26.

Kommentar

Errr, not in all cases....

The Falcon is much slower then any of the other beginer gliders and has the poorest performance ever. The falcon may be the easiest way to fly, performance and speed is very near to a paraglider. I changed to an Firebird Uno after ten flights in education and was suprised.

If you want to have a very fast success in education, take the falcon, it's very easy to fly and to land.

If I had this choice, I would take the Perfex.

Udo
        Zuletzt geändert von UdoH; 02.09.2005, 11:51.

Kommentar

I already fly a wills Wing Sport 2 but i am looking for the best skyfloater for flying where i live in the Alpes for taking off at high altitude and landing in very small landing fields.
          I read that the perfex has better performance than the other single surface gliders?
          Happy flying
          Hank

Kommentar

You said that the falcon 2 and target and relax are more modern designs, but on paper the specifications of the perfex are better: 10-1 glide with a lower stall speed than the falcon2's 7.6-1 glide?

Kommentar

Zitat von Hank
              You said that the falcon 2 and target and relax are more modern designs, but on paper the specifications of the perfex are better: 10-1 glide with a lower stall speed than the falcon2's 7.6-1 glide?
              You don´t believe everything that a car seller tells You, do You ?

Think of it as like the gas usage of a car: have You ever had one that met the specifications ?

Then it mostly depends on how You drive resp. pilot the thing.
              Zuletzt geändert von winDfried; 02.09.2005, 16:55.

Kommentar

AW: Perfex? Funfex !

Zitat von Hank
                I already fly a wills Wing Sport 2 but i am looking for the best skyfloater for flying where i live in the Alpes for taking off at high altitude and landing in very small landing fields.
                I read that the perfex has better performance than the other single surface gliders?
                Happy flying
                Hank
                Sorry, I thought You were looking for a newcomer friend or so.
                I was also frustrated that I got to hear in northern Italy sometimes: "no more hanggliders transported" for example at Kronplatz.

In this situation I would consider a Funfex which is same weight but has a bit of double sail.
                A friend of mine flies a perfex which You can see here:

It flies as good as my Impuls.

The Funfex I have testflown half an hour in slight ridge soaring conditions.
                I enjoyed that flight very much, as You can fly that wing with two fingers and still have enough penetration and roll to get were You want.
                While this wing is not recommended for beginners, i didn´t find it difficult to land on feet.
                No wonder why they are so seldom available on the used market.

I would not hesitate to grab this one as a second wing, if available at a reasonable price .

Full doublesail wings with VG or topless still fly better of course.

@Udo
                Ich kenne auch Leute, die die Finsterwalder-Vögel mit Kosenamen, wie
                "Bruchfex" und "Sinkfix" belegen oder behaupten, daß ein zehn Jahre altes Konzept nicht mehr fliegbar ist .
                Aber wie ernst kann man solche Aussagen aus der Bautek -Fangemeinde schon nehmen ???

No matter, Hank also understands German ?
                P.S.: When do we go for flying around Cervinia, and where is Your first choice ?
                Zuletzt geändert von winDfried; 02.09.2005, 16:57.

Kommentar

Windfried you said"The more modern type like the icaro relax, the falcon 2 or the target fly slightly better and are not really comparable"
                  I think that you are contradicting yourself a bit here.
                  And yes their is a big difference in the sink rate of one glider to the other when thermalling etc.
                  Happy Flying,
                  Hank

Kommentar

AW: Perfex? Funfex !

Zitat von winDfried
                    Ich kenne auch Leute, die die Finsterwalder-Vögel mit Kosenamen, wie
                    "Bruchfex" und "Sinkfix" belegen oder behaupten, daß ein zehn Jahre altes Konzept nicht mehr fliegbar ist .
                    Aber wie ernst kann man solche Aussagen aus der Bautek -Fangemeinde schon nehmen ???
                    ?
                    Todternst, wobei Bautek niemals was vergleichbares hatte.

Wobei ich mit dem Villinger Skye (Falcon Nachbau) so meine ganz persönlichen Erfahrungen habe:
                    Start von der Tegelbergrampe, Gleitflug geradeaus in Richtung Bannwaldsee, Wende über dem Campingplatz und den Landeplatz nicht mehr erreicht!!!
                    Das war die erste Außenlandung meiner Pilotenkarriere weil das Ding fliegt wie ein Stein! Bedigungen waren einfach, fast kein Wind, vormittaglicher Abgleiter.

Danach hab ich den Drachen gewechselt und sowas is mir nie wieder passiert.

Gruß
                    Udo
                    Zuletzt geändert von UdoH; 02.09.2005, 17:17.

Kommentar

o.k., o.k.

Udo, Hank, Ihr habt ja beide recht *duck weg*
                      Ich habe nichts gegen Bautek-Drachen und ich halte das vorgenannte mehr für gutmütige Frozzeleien.

Ich habe halt ein paar wenige Vergleiche.
                      Hank hatte nach dem Falcon 2 gefragt, nicht nach einem schlechten Nachbau des ersten Falcon.

Bezüglich Drachen glaube ich weniger an Baujahr oder DHV Einstufung sondern eher an konstruktive Features.

Hank, the three modern single sail floaters have improved features like partial double sail, mylar leading edges (Anströmkante), Randbögen (wie heißen die eigentlich auf englisch ?), Profiled king post and uprights...
                      That´s why I don´t believe they could be compared to the elder wings.
                      The sink depens on pilot weight, trim speed, and wing area. Don´t fly a too small single sail...

In Laveno I have flown my Impuls together with a Falcon 2 and two Relaxes. They flew all the same: pilot dependant, not construction dependant (A Bautek Pamir was also in the Pulk).
                      The same happened with the Perfex and me on Tegelberg.

The Mars went over Porta Westfalica into ugly penetration problems while I was still enjoying my flight with the impuls...
                      The same happened over Bülgenauel with two Thalhofer Jokers. They got blown behind the ridge, while I was watching from above from the Impuls.
                      Their luck that there is enough grass to land on top...

Hank, to answer Your initial question: go for a Funfex.
                      Maybe I´ll join You with a Bautek Zefir (3m Short packed ), who knows ???

Regards, W.

Kommentar

Are you basicaly saying that the Impuls, Falcon2, Relax and perfex fly about the same?
                        The reason that the Funfex is not on my list is that it is probably quite similar to my Sport2, and i am looking for a glider light and easy for travelling and flying where landings are very small, for all the other occasions i will fly my Sport 2.
                        Thanks for the feedback.
                        Happy Flying

Kommentar

Strange,

I never had a single surface.
                          My first glider was a Funfex, I made my very first altidude flight on (beneath ) it - no problem at all. I still use it sometimes in winter because it's no fun to carry a heavier glider on snow.
                          OK it's 3-4 kg heavier than the Perfex but still very light. Looks quite ugly because it's pronounced anhedral. I would say best glide is around 8, at quite low speed. Penetration is weak in my opinion because of the soft airframe. But it's not a glider for such purposes however. No bits and pieces you can loose, only the batten ends need some care.
                          2 m shortpack possible - it's a puzzle, but with some exercise you rigg it in 20 min, and I mean 20 min from opening the zipper of the glider bag to takeoff. My first attempt was 45 min !
                          Zuletzt geändert von Robert Benedek; 05.09.2005, 17:59.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                          X